From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Magic related events from the year 1838.
Please add any notable events below if an article falls within this year.
- William Clarke, an English writer of fiction who also wrote Boy's Own Book, dies
- The term Second Sight is first used, circa 1838, by John Henry Anderson
- Parlour Magic, a book whose contents may have been used in Magician's Own Book, is published
- The Royal Polytechnic, a permanent science-related fair, opens
- Ernst Basch, who performed between 1860 and 1887 and was a member of the Basch family, is born, Nov 21
- Fredrick Accum, a German chemist, dies, June 25