|Born||March 2, 1883|
|Died||March 19, 1983 (age 100) |
Gate Mudaliyar A.C.G.S. Amarasekara (1883-1983) was an amateur magician (The Gay Deceiver) and professional portrait painter and art teacher.
Amarasekara started the "Ceylon Association of Magicians" later known as the Sri Lanka Magic Circle I.B.M. Ring 139 in 1886 and remained its Founder President to the day of his death. He was a contributor to various periodicals.
He entertained the troops in Europe during World War II and was decorated with the OBE by H.M. King George VI in 1940.
His son, D. V. A. S. Amarasekara (born November 30, 1918) followed in his footsteps and performed as the "Gay Deceiver Junior."
- "Esbendun" (Conjuring in Singhalese)
- "Gay Deception" (English).
- 1946 British Ring trophy.
- ↑ Linking Ring Parade, October 1974
- ↑ Tricks That Mystify by Will Goldston (1934)
- ↑ Linking Ring August 1983