|Died||January 3, 1944 (age 37) |
New York City
Ben Erens (c.1906-1944), sometimes spelled Ehrens, a prominent member of the Knights of Magic and other magic circles in New York City.
Erens ran a few magic shops in New York City, one at an arcade on 42nd St. He later got into the fur business.
His son Marvin would attend and perform with him at meetings of the IBM Ring 26 in New York City. He contributed a few columns in Linking Ring called "THINGS I LIKED OF RECENT DAYS".
- BEN ERENS FAMOUS MECHANICAL Rising Pack of Cards (marketed effect)
- "A Quick Card Location" in Seven Circles (April 1931)
- "SUPERLATIVE SPELLER" in Encyclopedia of Card Tricks by Jean Hugard (1937)
- "MIRACLE CARD LOCATION" in Encyclopedia of Card Tricks by Jean Hugard (1937)
- "Nicking the Edge of a Card" in Greater Magic (1938)
- "ACCOMMODATION SPELLING. No. 31" in Card Tricks Without Skill by Paul Clive (1946)
- ↑ Linking Ring, December 1928
- ↑ Obit, Genii 1944 February
- ↑ Obit, Tops Vol 9, February 1944. p.25
- ↑ Ad in The Sphinx, October 1928)