|Born||Richard Joseph Osterlind|
March 6, 1948
|Categories||Books by Richard Osterlind|
Richard Osterlind (born March 6, 1948) is a mentalist who has been performing for more than 35 years around the world. He is a speaker, author, teacher of magic and mentalism and creator of many magic effects.
Osterlind was born in Bridgeport, Conn., and lived there until he was nine years old, when his family moved to Ansonia, Conn. He later lived in Danbury, Conn., while he worked on a music major at Western Connecticut State College. He and his wife, Lisa, live in Kentucky now.
Osterlind's budding magic career began as a boy in Connecticut, after he received a couple of magic kits as gifts, including a Sneaky Pete Magic Show. From his boyhood days, Osterlind has performed magic and mentalism, sometimes referred to as mindreading.
While performing as a drummer in a rock band named Merlin, Osterlind would perform stage illusions. The band opened, for a time, for a hypnotist, and Osterlind would watch him work. He eventually tried, successfully, to hypnotize a band mate, which ultimately, after further study, led to him being hired for hypnotism shows. To this day, he sometimes performs a stage hypnotism show after one of his mentalism shows.
Throughout his career as a keynote speaker, a featured artist at trade shows and private functions, Osterlind has spoken to and performed for business leaders, sports stars and politicians, like the late President Gerald Ford and former Connecticut governor, Lowell Weicker.
In 2006, Osterlind was awarded the prestigious Milbourne Christopher Award for Contributions to the Art of Magic. He appeared on the cover of "The Linking Ring", the official publication of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, in February 2008.
- Osterlind Breakthrough Card System (1983)
- Three Miracle Routines (1986)
- The Surrounded Slow-motion Center Tear... and Other Techniques (1986)
- The Very Modern Mindreader (2003)
- The Principles of Magic (2005)
- The Osterlind Trilogy (2007)
- Metalblast (2007)
- Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume One: The Act
- Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume Two: The BCS
- Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume Three: Assorted Mysteries
- Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume Four: More Assorted Mysteries
- Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume Five: Mind Mysteries too Between the Lines
- Easy To Master Mental Miracles Volume 1 (2005)
- Easy To Master Mental Miracles Volume 2
- Easy To Master Mental Miracles Volume 3
- Easy To Master Mental Miracles Volume 4
- No Camera Tricks (2007)
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Volume 1: The Act (2004)
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Volume 2: The Osterlind Breakthrough Card System
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Volume 3: Assorted Mysteries
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Volume 4: More Assorted Mysteries
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too Volume 5 (2006)
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too Volume 6
- Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too Volume 7
| This page incorporated content from Richard Osterlind,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 88, No. 2, February 2008, Richard Osterlind: Renaissance Man of Mystery, by Bobby Warren, page 32