Modern Coin Manipulation
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
(Redirected from Classic Coin Tricks)
|Modern Coin Manipulation|
|Author||T. Nelson Downs|
|Publisher||G. Routledge & Sons|
- 1900 First edition
- Reprinted in 1999 by Dover Publishing as "Classic Coin Tricks"
- Public Domain - Copyright has expired for this book in the United States (and likely many other countries as well). One edition is available in its entirety on Google Books: Modern Coin Manipulation (1901). The book is also available for PDF download from the same location.
- CHAPTER I. T. NELSON DOWNS, "KING OF KOINS."
- An appreciation and outline of his career by W. J. H.
- CHAPTER II. "THE MISER'S DREAM."
- 33 Description of the act
- 35 Continuous Front and Back Hand Palm
- 39 Latest improvements in connection with same
- 45 Method of getting first stack of coins into hat
- 49 The apparent "catching" of the coins
- 51 Passing coin through bottom of hat
- 51 Passing coin through side of hat
- 53 Coin thrown in the air and invisibly caught in hat
- 53 Manner of getting a second load into hat
- 55 Method for continuing the "catching" after second load is exhausted
- 59 Production of any number of coins at finger tips
- 63 To pass a coin through the knees
- 65 The "Elusive" Pass
- 69 New "Change Over Palm"
- 73 Downs' new "Click" Pass
- 75 Ten coins passing into tumbler
- 79 Downs' new "Fan" Pass
- 81 Downs' "Eureka" Pass
- 83 The "Turnover" with 40 coins
- 87 Three distinct methods of palming coins at the same time
- 89 To palm and make the pass with 40 coins
- 91 To produce same in a shower from the vest
- 95 CHAPTER III. A SERIES OF ABSOLUTELY NEW AND ORIGINAL COIN VANISHES AND PASSES.
- 95 Methods for causing the disappearance of one coin
- 95 With the aid of a piece of hair
- 99 Vanishing coin from handkerchief
- 101 Coin vanish with the aid of the vest
- 103 Disappearance of a coin while lying on the table
- 104 Coin vanish with the aid of the outside of sleeve
- 105 Coin vanish with the aid of the trousers pocket
- 106 Novel pass with a coin
- 107 New back palm idea
- 108 The sleeve vanish
- 109 The sleeve vanish in conjunction with back palm
- 110 The coin and tumbler
- 111 Novel adaption of the "rattle box" idea
- 112 A rapid pass with six coins
- 113 Disappearing pile of coins
- 115 CHAPTER IV. MISCELLANEOUS COIN TRICKS, ILLUSIONS, AND COMBINATIONS.
- 115 The equilibrium of silver
- 117 To pass 20 coins from one hand to the other
- 120 Quadruple coin
- 121 Gold versus silver
- 124 The transmutation of metals
- 125 Vanishing coins from goblet
- 129 Multiplying coins (sleight-of-hand method)
- 130 New coin production from bare hands
- 133 The money-producing cigarette
- 135 The coin of Phoenix
- 137 New money-producing card
- 139 The marvelous transit of coins
- 142 Novel appearing coin
- 143 The new crystal target
- 147 The flying coins
- 151 The "Downs" goblet of mystery
- 153 The mysterious claret glass
- 155 Magnetized coins
- 157 The demon goblet
- 159 The silver question
- 162 Handkerchief as money producer
- 163 New money-producing candle
- 166 The dematerialization of 30 coins
- 168 Coin passing through a table
- 169 The crystal coin ladder
- 174 The travelling coin
- 177 The sixteen to one silver trick
- 180 The fusible coins
- 187 CHAPTER V. MECHANICAL DEVICES FOR PERFORMING "THE MISER'S DREAM."
- 187 Coin with wire loop
- 189 Coin with attachment for first finger
- 191 Single spider "fake"
- 193 Single spider "fake" (differently constructed)
- 193 The "Hilliar" coin spider fake
- 194 Coin holders
- 196 New coin dropper for hat
- 200 Coin caught on rim of the hat
- 202 Apparatus enabling performer to easily palm 50 coins
- 204 New vest coin dropper
- 205 New vest coin dropper (differently constructed)
- 209 CHAPTER VI. ADDITIONAL COIN TRICKS.
- 209 The coin of Mercury
- 213 The coin cornucopia
- 215 The obedient coins
- 217 The coin and paper tube
- 219 An old trick improved
- 221 A good coin trick
- 222 To tell date on borrowed coin
- 223 Entirely new pass with 25 coins
- 224 The new glass coin jar
- 228 The winged coin
- 230 New coins and die
- 235 CHAPTER VII.
- 235 Koincluding observations
|Category:Books by author||Category:Books by publisher||Category:Books by year|
|Early Magic Books||Bibliographies||Magic themed novels|