Dr. Daley's Last Trick
Dr. Daley's Last Trick is a classic plot in card magic in which the Red Aces change places with the Black Aces.During the last months of Dr. Daley's life he evolved this card trick, which he demonstrated for Dai Vernon. Dai Vernon included this trick in his book The Dai Vernon Book of Magic (1957) as a tribute.
This is not to be confused with the last tricks he performed just before he died at the conclusion of a performance, Cavorting Aces or his version of Dai Vernon's Travellers.
- Arthur Buckley's Color Memory. Experiment No. 26 in Card Control (1946)
- Milbourne Christopher's Red and Black Aces in Tarbell Course in Magic, Vol. 5 (1948)
- Al Leech's Aces Red and Black in Card Man Stuff (1953)
- Ed Marlo's No Glide Aces (three methods) in The Cardician (1953)
- Ed Marlo's Repeat Ace Transpo in The Unexpected Card Book (1974)
- Ed Marlo's Transposition - Transition - Reproduction in Marlo's Magazine, Vol. 2 (1977)
- Ed Marlo's In Place of Double Lifts - First Effect in Marlo's Magazine, Vol. 2 (1977)
- Martin Nash's Testing... in Any Second Now written by Stephen Minch (1977)
- Ed Marlo's Jump-suit Transformation in Card Finesse written by Jon Racherbaumer (1982)
- Daryl Martinez's Sunrise in The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 2 written by Richard Kaufman (1983)
- Jerry Sadowitz's Aces in Kings in Cards on the Table (1988)
- Doug Edwards's Observ-Ace-tion in Apocalypse Vol. 12, No. 2, feb. 1989.
- Terry LaGerould's The Penetrating Reds in Apocalypse Vol. 13, No. 5, may 1990.
- Juan Tamariz's Captured Red/Black Aces in Apocalypse Vol. 13, No. 10, oct. 1990.
- Eddie Fechter's Be Honest, What is It? in The Magic of Eddie Fechter (1993)
- Alex Elmsley's Daley Double in The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley, Vol. 2 written by Stephen Minch (1994)
- Peter Duffie's Aces at Once in Duffie's Card Compulsions (1995)
- Lewis Jones' Randominium in Apocalypse Vol. 18, No. 10, oct. 1995.
- Doug Edwards & Harry Lorayne's Dealer Wins! in Apocalypse, Vol. 20, No. 2, feb. 1997.
- Wesley James' Daley Straightened in Apocalypse Vol. 20, No. 4, april 1997.
- Don England's The 4's Card Trick in Don England's Paradox (1999)
- Guy Hollingworth's Dr Daley's Last Trick in Quartet (1999)
- Euan Bingham's Transvestites in Free From Filler (2003)