Dime and Penny
Conceived by Thomas Nelson Downs around 1909 while working out the effect of passing coins through a borrowed handkerchief. The first gimmick was made to his specifications around 1917.
In The Trick Brain, Fitzkee states that it is "a modern adaptation of a more complex transposition trick which Professor Hoffmann called The Eight Coins and the Two Brass Covers", page 165 in More Magic.
- Blackstone's Penny and Dime Trick in La Vellma's Vaudeville Budget (1921)
- The Dime and Penny by J. P. Ornson in Sphinx, Vol. 20, No 12, Feb 1922.
- Dime and Penny and Card by Alphrose in Sphinx, Vol. 22, No. 4, June 1923.
- The Dime and Penny Trick by Mystic Eugene in Sphinx Vol. 22, No 11, Jan 1924.
- See also: Scotch and Soda.