|Born||Albert Miller Wilson|
June 23, 1854
Aurora, Dearborn, Indiana
|Died||April 22, 1930 (age 75) |
Wesley Hospital Kansas City, Missouri
|Resting place||Forest Hill Cemetery Kansas City|
|Notable works||Editor and owner of The Sphinx|
Dr. Albert M. Wilson (1854-1930) became a doctor and ordained minister after an unsuccessful attempt at performing magic full time. He was an assistant and pupil to Robert Heller and later toured the country as "Aristos." He went back on the road as a magician for awhile then became a registered pharmacist. Shortly thereafter he was offered a position as state secretary of the Ohio Y. M. C. A.
His first magic lessons were given by Robert Heller just after the close of the Civil War in 1865.
In 1886, he moved to Kansas City as secretary of the railroad Y. M. C. A.
He took over the Sphinx in 1904 and continued for almost three decades until his death, during which he was often outspoken, engaging in a number of feuds with notable magicians.
- Cover, Mahatma, Vol. 6, No. 11, May 1903, Aristos
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 2, No. 7, September 1903, Magician of the Month – Dr. Wilson, page 79
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 7, No. 3, May 1908, A. M. Wilson, Editor “The Sphinx”, page 25
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 13, No. 1, March 1914, The Editor of The Sphinx in his Sanctum Sanctorum, page 3 (picture)
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 19, No. 12, February 1920
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 21, No. 1, March 1922
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 3, No. 2, June 1925, Dr. A. M. Wilson, page 15
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 27, No. 1, March 1928
- Cover, The Magic Circular, Vol. 23, No. 261, February 1929, Dr. Albert Miller Wilson, Hon. Vice-President of the Magic Circle, page 65
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 10, No. 3, May 1930, Dr. Albert M. Wilson Died, page 349
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 29, No. 3, May 1930, In Memoriam, Summary of Remarks Made at the Funeral Service of Dr. A. M. Wilson April 23, 1930, page 101
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 24, No. 276, June 1930, Obituary, Dr. Albert Miller Wilson, M.I.M.C., S.A.M., page 133
- The Sphinx, Vol. 29, No. 4, June 1930, From the Minutes of the Magic Circle - Dr. Albert Miller Wilson, M.I.M.C, S.A.M., page 179
- The Sphinx, Vol. 33, No. 2, April 1934, Sphinx Portrait of Dr. Wilson, page 51
- Cover, The Sphinx, Vol. 35, No. 1, March 1936, Dr. A. M. Wilson, by Joe G. Lightner, page 4
- Cover, Genii Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 9, May 1941, Dr. Wilson, page 285
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 66, Vol. 1, January 1986, Memoirs Of A Magician's Ghost, by John Booth, CHAPTER 198 – The Sphinx that Told Secrets!, page 53, 55