|Born||Garrick M. Spencer|
|Died||August 4, 1942 |
Garrick "Spence" Spencer (1889-1942) was a New York corporation lawyer and amateur magician.
Spencer was a student of Dai Vernon and was the person that started calling Vernon "The Professor". In 1936 he funded the Academy of the Art of Magic, the formal association of the New York "Inner Circle" of magicians. 
He also helped finance Vernon's Harlequin act in 1938.
A "Garrick M Spencer" is listed on the nnygenealogy.com site as being born in 1889 and buried in Brookside Cemetery in Watertown, Jefferson County, New York.
- ↑ The Man who fooled Houdini, Magic, June 1992
- ↑ He Fooled Houdini Dai Vernon A Magical Life The Vernon Chronicles Volume 4 by Bruce Cervon and Keith Burns (1992)
- ↑ Vernon Touch, Genii 1970 February
- ↑ Linking Ring, August, 2001
- ↑ Vernon Touch, Genii 1980 October
- ↑ http://www.nnygenealogy.com/pages/cemetery/burialdetail.php?page=5&burialid=113215&cemeteryid=24§ion=03