|Died||July 30, 1962 (age 84) |
|Known for||Magic Wand editor|
|Categories||Books by George Johnson|
George Johnson (1877-1962) was a British writer, publisher, collector and amateur magician. He was editor of the Magic Wand from 1914 to 1945.
He published Sidney W. Clarke's The Annals of Conjuring from the Earliest Times to the Present (1929) and The Bibliography of Conjuring and Kindred Deceptions (1920) with Adolphe Blind.
A copy of his unpublished autobiography, "A Wizard's Wallet", was in the Findlay Collection and later sold in 1979 to Till book dealers in London.
- Conjurers' Tales (1910)
- The History of "The Magic Wand" (1923)
- A Few Jardine Ellis Secrets (1925)
- Fifty Fakes (1944)
- Magic of the Ancients (1949)
- C-O-N-J-U-R-I-N-G (1949)
- Pack a Deck as "H.G. Sparks" (n.d.)
- ↑ Bart Whaley’s Who’s Who In Magic