Imperial Order of Magicians
Imperial Order of Magicians was a magic organization in Buffalo New York in 1909 with the efforts W. G. Edwards.
Their objectives were published in the August 1909 issue of Edwards' Monthly magazine as:
- To systemmatize and collate all existing means for the advancements of the art of magic, and to develop new sources of progress where and whenever possible.
- To establish a central authority, to which all questions pertaining to the art can be referred.
- To facilitate social intercourse among magicians, exchange of ideas, co-operation and amalgamation between and with all who are interested in or practise the art.
- To found a complete library of works on matters magical, which shall be accessible to the entire membership of the society.
- To advance the invention of things magical and to protect the inventors thereof to the end, that they obtain the results from their labors, that in justice shall be due them.
- To organize, carry out, and successfully handle entertainments, lectures, displays, exhibitions, publicity, schemes, etc., for the purpose of disseminating knowledge to the proper extent, and arousing interest in and support for the aims of the society.
- To encourage the study of the art, and assist in individual and collective effort in the booking of magical acts tending to raise the status of the magical profession.
- To make the privilege of membership in the society one that will be something that.will appeal to all lover's of the art as most desirable and beneficial, in that, the benefits of said membership are alike to one and all, regardless of the fact that said members may reside and practice in the most remote quarters of the globe.
It may have disbanded around the same time as Edwards' Monthly finished publication in 1910.