|Born||Alfred Jerry Mentzer|
April 28, 1940
|Categories||Books by Jerry Mentzer|
Jerry Mentzer (b.1940) is founder and operator of Magic Methods which he started in 1969. During his college years at Ohio State University he authored two booklets on card magic and one on silk magic. He went on to become a mechanical engineer employed by Union Carbide Corporation.
He was the first to publish a book of Paul Harris' magic.
Mentzer has contributed three Parades to The Linking Ring (May 1965, February, 1971, March, 1972) and many columns including "Best from Books" from March through August 1971. He was an active member of magic clubs in Ohio before moving to South Carolina.
Mentzer has won numerous awards for performing and writing about magic.
- Card Cavalcade I (1972)
- Super Cent (1972)
- Close-Up Cavalcade (1973)
- Card Cavalcade II (1974)
- Close-up Cues (1975)
- Club Cues (1975)
- Another Close-Up Cavalcade (1975)
- Card Cavalcade III (1975)
- Card Cavalcade IV (1977)
- Close-Up Cavalcade Finale (1977)
- Counts, Cuts, Moves & Subtleties (1977)
- Card Cavalcade Finale (1979)
- Packet Tricks (Book) (1982)
- Magic with Finger Rings (1984)
- Card to Wallet: The Book (1991)
- Card File (1994)
- Card File Two (2000)
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 42, No. 1, January 1962, Thoughts On Gimmicked Cards, Etc. by Jerry Mentzer, page 23
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 42, No. 6, June 1962, Columbus Parade, Ring No. 7, by Eddie Clever, Jerry Mentzer, page 69
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 45, No. 5, May 1965, Alfred Jerry Mentzer, Columnist, Creator, page 22, HOCUS POCUS PARADE, Jerry Mentzer Edition, page 57
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 51, No. 2, February 1971, BEST OF BOOKS BY JERRY MENTZER, page 87
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 52, No. 3, March 1972, HOCUS POCUS PARADE, JERRY MENTZER, Edited by Don Tanner, page 61