|Born||Anthony Thomas Barbato|
September 23, 1908
|Died||January 30, 1994 (age 85) |
Providence, Rhode Island
Tony Kardyro (1908-1994) was born Anthony Thomas Barbato in Italy. He emigrated to the United States with his parents at the age of 3.
He began his career performing as "Tony London", changing it to "Tony Kardyro" around 1933. He also performed as "Senor Torino, the Continental Deceptionist" when presenting his dove act. He once explained his working under so many names by saying that he had worked all the venues and a new name was needed for new bookings.
Tony was the originator of the Dove Bag.
He wrote a autobiographical column in New Tops called "Kardyro's Magical Highway".
In 1984, Tony suffered a stroke and retired from performing. After recovering, he remained active creating magic and corresponding with magicians around the world.
- T.K.'s Card Change Supreme (1962)
- The Routine Supreme (1941)
- Your Deck, Your Card (1948)
- Dovetail Deceptions (1955)
- Kardyro's Kard Konjuring (1955)
- T.K.'s Card Change Supreme Effects (1966)
- T.K.'s Simple Simon Move and Effects (1966)
- Kardyro's Kolossal Kompendium of Klever and Kommercial Klose-Up (1981)
- Aces Galore (1983)
- Welcome Strangers ???
- Tops Magazine, Vol. 11, No. 5, May 1946, Tony Kardyro – His Fingers Are Educated!, page 4
- Cover, The New Tops, Vol. 7, No. 5, May 1967, Cover Portrait… Tony Kardyro Torino, by Olindo Galluccio, page 38
- The New Tops, Vol. 29, No. 6, June 1989, The Magician and his Lovely Assistant, by MARIA MIRO JOHNSON, page 44
- Cover, The New Tops, Vol. 34, No. 3, March 1994, Cover Story: Tony Kardyro's Final Curtain, by Gordon Miller, page 37
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 74, No. 4, April 1994, Broken Wands, ANTHONY (TONY KARDYRO) BARBATO, page 118
- M-U-M, Vol. 83, No. 11, April 1994, Broken Wands, TONY KARDYRO, page 41