Kirkcaldy Magic Circle

From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Jump to: navigation, search
Kirkcaldy Magic Circle was formed in 1942 by Max Murdoch (Sanara), Jim Hynd, Tommy Scott and Andrew Birrell. The club's original name was The Lang Toon Legerdemaniacs.
Kirkcaldy.gif

The first meeting of the club was held in Kirkcaldy Fire Station, Coal Wynd, Kirkcaldy and Jim Hynd (a local fireman) was elected first President. Early Club meetings were then held in Deaf and Dumb Institute in Kirkcaldy.

The club members organize an annual magical sale and exchange (which was still going on 38 years later in 1999) which grew to take in all the clubs in Scotland. The club also organized a convention in October 1960 and again in 1967.

Honorary Members have been Will Goldston, John Ramsay, Stewart Murray and Tommy Cooper.[1]

Kirkcaldy was one of the founder members of the Scottish Association of Magical Societies.[2]

In 2013, the once thriving group was forced into suspension with the gradual loss of numbers. The handful of surviving members left joined forces with the Perth Magic Circle.[3]

References

  1. http://www.scamagic.org/index.php/History-of-Magic-Clubs-In-Scotland/kirkcaldy-magic-circle.html
  2. http://www.kilmarnock-magic-circle.co.uk/page16.php
  3. http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-headlines/kirkcaldy-magic-circle-disappears-from-town-1-160828
  • Gen Vol 22 number 8 page 199
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Interaction
Support our sponsor
Share
Print/export
Toolbox