Conference on Magic History
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
(Redirected from L.A. Magic History Conference)
The Los Angeles Conference on Magic History is a biennial invitation-only conference organized and hosted by Ricky Jay, Mike Caveney, John Gaughan and Jim Steinmeyer. The purpose of the conference is to showcase historical magic.
- 1989 - 02/04 November: De Kolta's Expanding Die, Automata, Thayer magic. 
- 1991 - 07/09 November: Rene Lavand, The Charles Carter Show. 
- 1993 - Hooker Card Rise, Sawing a Woman in Halves.
- 1995 - 09/11 November: Tribute to Robert Lund, The Blue Room. 
- 1997 - Will, the Witch and the Watch, the Chess Automaton. 
- 1999 - 11/13 November: The Mascot Moth, the Automaton Clarinet Player. 
- 2001 - 08/10 November: Guy Jarrett’s creations, The Million Dollar Mystery, The Great Fasola. 
- 2003 - 06/08 November: Tanagra, Lesley Hazlitt (Piddington), Devant’s Chocolate Soldier from St. George's Hall and Morritt’s famous Oh! illusion from Egyptian Hall. Brindamour, "The Original Jail Breaker and Handcuff King" 
- 2005 - The Wrestling Cheese, Professor Thomas Tobin’s Palingenesia, Del Adelphia, and Kellar’s Psycho. 
- 2007 - 08/10 November: Hooker Rising Cards. 
- 2009 - Robert-Houdin's Orange Tree, David Devant's Beau Brocade, Charles Morritt's Goodbye Winter and Pierre-Jacques de Loutherbourg's Eidophusikon. 
- 2011 - 10/12 November