|Born||Lesley Elizabeth Pope|
|Died||August 2, 2016 (age 91) |
Possibly born in Paddington, Queensland, she married Sydney in Australia while she was a radio-actress. They put together a telepathy act based on Sydney's experience and as The Piddingtons became a successful in Sydney and Melbourne on the radio and with live stage shows.
In 1949 they went to England where they became a success on BBC radio programs.
When she turned 47, Lesley meet Cecil John "Jack" Hazlitt (1897-1993), who was 74 years old and they would spend more than twenty-one years together. She authored Jack's life story in her book "Just Call Me Jack" (2004).
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 8, No. 186, August 1949, Hands off The Piddingtons, by George Blake, page 54-55
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 29, No. 9, November 1949, Britain Raves Over The Piddingtons, by Frances Ireland, page 46
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 81, No. 881, December 1987, The Piddingtons, by Fergus Anckorn, page 243
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 78, No. 12, December 1988, You Are the Judge - The Piddingtons!, by Barry H. Wiley, page 58
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 83, No. 894, April 1989, The Piddingtons: A Preliminary Bibliography, by Barry H. Wiley, page 70
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 87, No. 935, May 1993, The writing of "The Piddingtons", by Barry H. Wiley, page 72
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 68, No. 8, August 2005, "I never knew a so-called ‘Mechanical’ Mind-Reading Act that didn't wind up doing genuine mental telepathy before they were through" - Joseph Dunninger, Detroit Free-Press. 1943, page 85
- http://www.thepiddingtons.com/lesley.html LESLEY POPE
- http://www.thetreeofus.net/5/132749.htm Lesley Elizabeth Pope
- http://www.thepiddingtons.com/gallery.html Photo Gallery “The Piddingtons”
- http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=lesley-hazlitt&pid=181010354 Obituary Lesley Hazlitt
- http://cardopolis.blogspot.ch/2016/08/lesley-hazlitt-and-piddingtons.html Lesley Hazlitt and The Piddingtons, by David Britland
- The Piddingtons by Russell Braddon. London: T. Werner Laurie, 1950.
- Radio National, Australia http://www.abc.net.au/rn/history/hindsight/stories/s98346.htm