|Born||Louis Shelvy Histed|
August 22, 1897
|Died||October 10, 1965 (age 68) |
Sutton General Hospital, Surrey, England
Louis S. Histed (1897-1965) was a British magic inventor who held a position with H.M. Customs and Excise.
Jack Silver acquired all marketing rights to Louis Histed effects, who in turn passed them on to Eddie Burke when he purchased all marketing rights to the Silray Magic Co products.
- The Magic of Louis S. Histed (1947)
- Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 40, No. 1029, October 1965, LOUIS S. HISTED, page 231
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 45, No. 12, December 1965, LOUIS S. HISTED, page 121
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 60, No. 666, December 1965, Obituary LOUIS S. HISTED, M.B.E., M.I.M.C., page 60
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 60, No. 667, January 1966, Magicana Louis Histed, M.B.E. by PETER WARLOCK, page 75
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 60, No. 668, February 1966, Magicana Louis S. Histed, M.B.E., M.I.M.C. by DOUGLAS CRAGGS, M.I.M.C., page 90
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 91, No. 977, Jul 1997, LETTERS, page 144
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 91, No. 978, August 1997, A Magical Giant, page 167
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 105, No. 1117, October 2009, page 307