MagicPedia:Selected anniversaries/October 13
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1894 - Carl Fleming (1894-1940) was born Caryl Stacy Fleming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- 1919 - The Grim Game, a silent film starring Harry Houdini, is released.
- 1939 - Nate Leipzig (1873-1939), one of the early pioneers of performing simple straight forward magic, passes away.
- 1941 - David Devant (1868-1941), an English magician, shadowgraphist and film exhibitor, passes away.
- 1947 - Allan Ackerman is born.
- 1974 - Ed Sullivan(1901-1974), an American entertainment writer and television host, passes away at the age of 73.
- 1977 - Harold Sterling (1899-1977) dies in New Port Richey, Florida.