MagicPedia:Selected anniversaries/October 16
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1865 - The Sphinx Illusion, invented by Thomas Tobin was presented for the first time at Colonel Stodare's 200th appearance at the Egyptian Hall.
- 1885 - Dorian, The Manx Magician, is born.
- 1899 - Peter Godfrey, magician, actor and film director, is born.
- 1968 - E. Brian MacCarthy, author of Modern Sleights, passes away.
- 1988 - Henk Vermeyden, magic organizer, teacher, editor and dealer, is born in Holland.
- 2002 - Harvey Award was presented Lee Grabel.