Magic at the Cinemas
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Magic themes within movies.
Magic as the main theme
Movies where the main theme is about magic:
- The Prestige
- The Illusionist
- THE ESCAPE ARTIST - Ricky Jay's hands were used in and Harry Anderson had a bit part.
Cardsharps as the main theme
Movies with cardsharps demonstrating skills with cards:
- The Cincinnati Kid (1965) Jay Ose
- The Flim-Flam Man (1967) Jay Ose
- The Sting (1973) John Scarne
- Il Grande Bluff (1976) Tony Binarelli
- Maverick (1994) Mel Gibson
- Shade (2004) R. Paul Wilson, Jason England Stewart Townsend performs Lee Asher's Ripper.
- The Skin Game Michael Skinner
Magic is performed
Movies which contain a magic performance :
- This Gun for Hire (1942) - Traveling to Los Angeles to kill his way to the top of his betrayers, Raven meets up with Ellen Graham (Veronica Lake) a nightclub magician and singer.
- Modesty Blaise (1966) - Silvan appears as the evil henchman Pacco. Some billiard manipulation, appearing cane and other tricks.
- Out of Rosenheim (1987) Marianne Sägebrecht (Jasmine) did some tricks in a truck-stop café, vanishing silk, flying cane, producing cards, etc.
- Orlando (1992) - Heathcote Williams does a French drop coin vanish. And Robert Houdin's Orange Tree automaton makes an appearance?
- King of Masks (1996) - The main character is a master of the old Art of Sichuan Mask Changing (reminiscent of Jeff McBride's mask routine)
- Blackjack (1996) with Dolph Lundgren starring, has a lot of magic in it.
- Mission Impossible by John Woo has magic in it
- "My Cousin Vinny" - Joe Pesci does a color-change.
- "The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe" - Gerard Majax did the entire opening credits with Card Florishes and Color Changes
- "Zandalee" - Nicolas Cage does the Rising Card
- "A Haunting We Will Go" with Laurel and Hardy - Dante played himself
- "Terror Train - David Copperfield