Tel Aviv, Israel
Meir Yedid (b. 1960) is a magician, an author and owner of Meir Yedid Magic. He won the Society of American Magicians 1981 Close-Up Magic Championship with his now-famous (then ground-breaking) finger routine in which he apparently made his fingers vanish one by one. The methods behind these vanishes were subsequently revealed in the book Meir Yedid's Finger Fantasies, written by Harry Lorayne.
BiographyIn 1986, a car accident severed a third of his right hand, the hand used for that routine. After nine micro-surgeries and a year-and-a-half of extensive therapy, Meir was able to continue amazing audiences. He again claimed the S.A.M. Close-Up Magic Championship in 1988, this time performing his trademark finger routine with his left hand. This made Meir the first person to win the award more than once. He also received a special originality medal for his creative contributions to the art of magic.
Currently Meir resides in Fair Lawn, N.J., and operates Meir Yedid Magic. He consults with toy manufacturers, performs for corporate clients in private settings or in trade show venues, and devises original magic. To date, seven books of his original magic have been published, the last (or latest) in 1994 - Magical Wishes. In the early 1980s, he also wrote a column called New Wave Thaumatology for The Magic Manuscript, and used the same name for a series of marketed effects.
In 1997 Meir was voted Magician of the Year by the Society of American Magicians in New York City, and in 2003 he was the Guest Of Honor at the prestigious Fechter's Finger Flicking Frolic Convention.
- Comedy Tonight (FOX-TV, U.S.A.)
- Paul Daniels Show (BBC-TV, Great Britain)
- Naruhodo the World (FUJI-TV, Japan)
- Luna de Verano (CSTV, Spain)
- Knoff Hoff Show (ZDFTV, Germany)
- Mind Over Matter (ACTV, U.S.A.)
Books on Meir Yedid's Magic
- 1981 Meir Yedid's Finger Fantasies (written by Harry Lorayne)
- 1982 Incredible Close-Up Magic (written by Gary Ouellet)
- 1982 Close-Up Hallucinations (written by George Schindler)
- 1983 Off the Wall (lectures notes)
- 1986 Stage Stuff (written by Steven Schneiderman)
- 1987 Card Animations (written by Harry Lorayne)
- 1993 Memorable Magic (lecture notes)
- 1994 Magical Wishes (written by Stephen Hobbs)
- 1981: Mirror Miracle
- 1981: Twist and Shout
- 198?: Hot Doggie
- 1983: Sunny Side Up
- 1983: Card Marx (with Steve Schneiderman)
- 1993: Cardinal Cards
- 2003: Fadeout
Meir Yedid on DVD
Meir Yedid in Genii
- Genii 2008 January • Radical Hold'em