|Born||John Nevil Maskelyne|
|Died||September 22, 1924 |
at his flat over St. George's Hall, Langham Place, London
|Categories||Books by Nevil Maskelyne|
John Nevil Maskelyne the second (1863–1924), known as Nevil Maskelyne to distinguish him from his father, was a British magician and inventor. Nevil Maskelyne continued his father's work at the Egyptian Hall in London. He also worked in the area of wireless telegraphy, and was a competitor (and public detractor) of Marconi in the early days of wireless.
Maskelyne wrote several books on magic, including Our Magic: The Art in Magic, the Theory of Magic, the Practice of Magic (with David Devant) and On the Performance of Magic.
He served as president of the Magic Circle from 1906 until his death in 1924.
Nevil Maskelyne was the father of Jasper Maskelyne, who continued the family tradition of professional magic.
- ↑ The Magician Annual, Vol. 5, 1911-1912, "OUR MAGIC" by Nevil Maskelyne and David Devant, page 27
| This page incorporated content from Nevil Maskelyne (magician),
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The Magician Monthly, Vol. 14, No. 1, December 1917, MAGIC IN 1918. An Interview with Mr. Nevil Maskelyne and Mr. E. A. Maskelyne (pictures of the Maskelyne's), page 3
- Conjurors Chronical, Vol. 6, No. 5, September 1924, Stop Press, Nevil Maskelyne died, page 520
- Genii Magazine, Vol. 24, No. 8, April 1960, Egyptian Hall and the Maskelynes 1812-1951, by David Price, page 278
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 55, No. 12, December 1975, An Appreciation of Nevil Maskelyne, The Modest Magician, by S.H. Sharpe, page 42
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 56, No. 1, January 1976, An Appreciation of Nevil Maskelyne (cont.), page 36
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 56, No. 2, February 1976, An Appreciation of Nevil Maskelyne (cont.), page 43
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 93, No. 1000, November 1999, A Rich Cabinet, by Edwin A. Dawes, 235. Salute Those Millenarian Editors - Nevil Maskelyne, page 320
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Maskelyne, Nevil engl. Zauberkünstler (*1862; †21.09.1924), page 226