|Born||Charles Parker Swan, III|
April 18, 1928
|Died||November 15, 2013 (age 85) |
He developed an act featuring "How To Force a Watemelon," "Prunes of All Nations," and "Fruits I Have Worked With," which played to great success at several magic conventions.
Parker worked in Holden's Magic Shop from 1942-1946. He has served as a regional vice president for the S.A.M. and other positions. He has lectured on the history of magic and supported the New England Magic Collectors Association.
He created the "Parker Swan Dollhouse Production".
Parker enjoyed playing in the Northborough Senior Center’s Harmonica Club.
Awards and Honors
- MUM, Magician of the Year 1992
- How to Force a Watermelon (1973)
- ↑ Spitz: A magic moment in Ashland By Julia Spitz/Daily News staff The MetroWest Daily News Posted Jan 13, 2011 @ 12:00 AM
- ↑ LADIES of the SAM, CLAIRE M. SWAN MAGIC N MELONS, MUM, November, 1981
- ↑ Seniors harmonize in music group
- ↑ http://northborough.patch.com/groups/obituaries/p/northborough-remembers-longtime-town-moderator-charles-parker-swan-iii