|Born||Raymond J. Goulet|
January 20, 1930
Ray Goulet (French: Goo-lay) , a life Long resident of Watertown, Massachusetts , a Korean War Veteran and licensed insurance and real estate broker, has been a professional performer for over 40 years. He is the owner of Mini-Museum of Magic and The Magic Art Book Co.
He married his assistant Ann in 1949 and worked professionally as "The Raymond's". For five years he toured with an illusion show, after a stint with the U.S.O. under the stage name "Raymon and his Mystic Maids". He also performed a solo Mental Act as "Ray Raymond."
In 1976, he opened his Magic Art Studio, a retail magic depot in a store on Spring Street in Watertown. He has been the producer and director for many years of New England’s biggest annual show, the Magicale in Boston, sponsored by the S.A.M.
He is an Honorary Member of the Society of American Magicians, Past Territorial Vice President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, a founder and past president of IBM Ring 122 (Boston), a member of the Magic Collectors Association, a founder and past president of New England Magic Collectors Association, and a member of Magic Circle (Inner Magic Circle With Gold Star).
Goulet serves on the Historian Committee, the SAM Hall Of Fame Board of Directors, the S.A.M. Psychic Committee and is Vice President of Milboume Christopher Foundation.
Awards and honors
- Slydini Award
- Elected into the Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame
Published by "Ray Goulet’s Magic Art Book Company"
- The Cold Deck by Frank Thompson (1976)
- The Thompson Pass by Frank Thompson (1981)
- TWELVE HAVE DIED (by Ben Robinson)
- JOHN HENRY ANDERSON-WIZARD OF THE NORTH (by Constance Pole Bayer)
- THE FINE ART OF HOCUS POCUS (by John Booth)
- KEYS TO MAGIC’S INNER CIRCLE (by John Booth)
- ↑ Magic Art Studio:A Museum of Magic History, Genii 1975 April
- ↑ Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 80, No. 6, November 1990, Ray Goulet, Magician of the Month, by Larry White, page 11
- ↑ Memoirs of a Magician’s Ghost, The Autobiography of John Booth, CHAPTER 271, RAY GOULET: SEEN THROUGH A PRISM
- ↑ http://www.magicartstudio.com/html/about_us_.html
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 65, No. 5, May 1985, Our Cover, Ray Goulet, by Webster Bull, page 84
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 73, No. 7, July 1993, Memoirs Of A Magician's Ghost, by John Booth, CHAPTER 271 – RAY GOULET: SEEN THROUGH A PRISM, page 68
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 73, No. 9, September 1993, ERRATA (Goulet's name), page 53
- Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 86, No. 2, February 2006, OUR COVER, RAY GOULET, The Working Pro, by Frank Dudgeon, page 31
- Category:Books published by The Magic Art Book Co.