Cover of Genii (1977)
Dr. Hiroshi Sawa, a dentist, is one of Japan's most prolific magicians.
Dai Vernon in the Vernon Touch on Genii 1969 September said "They love magic in Japan. The people are analytical, observant, and they're very hard to fool. That's why the magicians there are so good. They had to develop themselves to a point where they could fool the audience. [...] The first time I was really flabbergasted was in Osaka when I met this young dentist named Hirosi Sawa." And then on Genii 1971 March, "I didn't see my friend, Hiroshi Sawa [while in Japan], whom I consider to be one of the most original magicians in the world. I say this with the utmost sincerity."
Sawa in Genii Magazine
- Life of STARFISH Genii 1971 May
- Special cover Genii 1977 January
- Sawa's Slot Machine
- Sawa's "Gary Ueller"
- Sawa's Lady Bug Trick
- Ping-Pong Pocus Genii 1989 February
- Submarine Coins Genii 1999 December
- The Copper Queen and Silver President Genii 2000 May
- Sawa special Magicana Genii 2002 November
- Marvelous Coin to Ring
- Mother and Daughter
- The Sleeve Shootout
- Remote Control Coins Through Table
- Why a Big Purse?
- Soul of the Butterflies
- A Dr. Sawa Magicana Genii 2008 December
- The Influence Of Geography
- Bad Tailor
- Club Fourteen
- The Invisible Man