T. T. Timayenis
|T. T. Timayenis|
Smyrna, Asia Minor
Telemachus Thomas Timayenis (1853-1918) was a Greek-American professor, novelist, and playwright. In 1874 he was teaching at the Springfield Collegiate Institute in Springfield, Massachusetts.
He was the author of the souvenir booklet A History of the Art of Magic, Containing Anecdotes, Explanation of Tricks and a Sketch of the Life of Alexander Herrmann (1887), which was sold at Herrmann's shows
In 1879 he was a professor of classical Greek at the New York Hellenic Institute and the Chautauqua School of Languages. In 1886 he was the director of the New York School of Languages. From 1909 to 1916 Timayenis published and edited a monthly Greek-American newspaper "The Eastern and Western Review".
- ↑ The Chautauquan, Volume 1, page 38
- ↑ http://www.worldcat.org/identities/lccn-no99-61503
- ↑ Religious Intolerance in America: A Documentary History, By John Corrigan, Lynn S. Neal
- ↑ http://archive.org/details/historyofartofma00tima
- ↑ The Glorious Deception by Steinmeyer, Jim (2005)
- ↑ http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Timayenis,%20T.%20T.,%20Ed