The Old and the New Magic
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
|The Old and the New Magic|
|Author||Henry R. Evans|
|Publisher||Open Court Publishing Company|
The Old and the New Magic is a book on the history of conjuring, with an introduction was by Dr. Paul Carus.
- Open Court Publishing , Chicago, 1906.
- 2nd edition 1909.
- A facsimile reprint by Kessinger Publishing 2006.
- History of Natural Magic and Prestidigitation
- Heron of Alexandria , Philo of Byzantium
- The Chevalier Pinetti
- Naples , Piacenza , Grisy
- A Study in Charlatanism
- Cagli , Cardinal de Rohan , Marie Antoinette
- Ghostmaking Extraordinary
- Peter III , phantasmagoria , spectres
- The Romance of Automata
- automaton , Schlumberger , Catherine II
- Conjurer Author and Ambassador
- Robert-Houdin , Palais Royal
- Some Oldtime Conjurers
- The Secrets of Second Sight
- The Confessions of an Amateur Conjurer
- A Day with Alexander the Great
- Alexander Herrmann , Vanishing Lady , Mephisto
- A Twentieth Century Thaumaturgist
- As Gentleman of Thibet
- Sarak , Madame Blavatsky , Theosophical Society
- Have Met
- The Riddle of the Sphinx
|Category:Books by author||Category:Books by publisher||Category:Books by year|
|Early Magic Books||Bibliographies||Magic themed novels|