Wellington New Zealand
Hyde was born in Wellington New Zealand in 1955. While training as a primary school teacher at Wellington Teachers College (1974 - 1976), he also appeared in numerous productions at Wellington's Unity Theatre, Downstage Theatre and helped establish the Wellington Children's Theatre Co-op. After two years teaching he began a full time career as a performer, joining the experimental Chameleon Theatre Group, later known as Chameleon Circus. They toured extensively throughout New Zealand with support from the Department of Internal Affairs, appearing at universities, prisons and arts festivals.
He moved to Sydney in 1980, busking for three years, before establishing himself as a regular at Sydney's Comedy Store and building a career in both family and corporate entertainment together with his wife Lynda.
His family entertainment credits include being the first magician to sign a long term contract as resident illusionists at the largest Theme Park in the Southern Hemisphere - Wonderland Australia. He also performed seasons for Warner Brothers and at Sega World Sydney. In 1992 & 1993 he produced the entertainment program at the Sydney Royal Easter Show's prestigious Colgate Stage. He has toured as a support act with such visiting artists as - James Taylor, K C and the Sunshine Band, Johnny Ray and with locals Rodney Rude, Col Elliot and Joe Perrone.
He has appeared on the cover of many leading industry journals including Australian Magic Monthly, Geniis Magic Journal & Magicana magazines. In 2012 he was the featured interview in Magic State of Mind, a series that has featured many of the magic industries biggest names.
In 1999 he set up MagicCoach, publishing both books and online newsletters. The newsletter was the first regular online magic marketing newsletter, with guest contributors including - Mac King, James Randi & Billy McComb.
In the last decade he has worked mainly in the corporate area, both as an entertainer, speaker and Master of Ceremonies. In 2005 he was awarded the Walter Dickman Award by the National Speakers Association of Australia for services to the speaking industry. He has been engaged by the National Speakers Association of Australia to be Master of Ceremonies at their own convention from 2003 - 2009. His work as a Magical MC has taken him around the world, presenting in - Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, South Africa, USA and Hong Kong multiple times. 
TV, Video & Film
He was featured in a NHK Television special on the Magic of Australia and has appeared on - Ray Martin's Midday, Mr Squiggle]],The Afternoon Show with James Valentine, Young Talent Time, HG & Roy's Club Buggery, several television commercials, music video appearances with Austen Tayshus & Anthony Ackroyd and was a featured featured extra in the Australian movie Those Dear Departed.
- Australia's Wonderland - (1992 - 1993) - Hanna Barbera Theatre
- Sydney Royal Easter Show - Colgate Stage, Performer, Producer, Master of Ceremony 1992 - 1993
- Magic Spectacular - Bondi Pavilion - Two Self Produced Christmas Holiday Seasons (1992 - 1993)
- Humpty Dumpty - The Pantomime, Footbridge Theatre - 1985 Title Role
- Unsuitable for Adults - Belvoir street theatre - (1988)
- Mumbo Jumbo - Clarendon Theatre Katoomba (1992)
- The Cabaret of Dr X - Clarendon Theatre Katoomba ( 1993) with composer Peter Dasent
He acted as a magic consultant for Neil Armfield's production of Steve Martin's The Zig-Zag Lady at Belvoir street theatre.
Writing & Publishing
- Motivate Your Memory (2009) -
- Sleight of Mind - Kickstart your Creativity (2008)
- MagicCoach 100 - The Best of MagicCoach (2000)
- Whimsy - An Audio Adventure (1998)
- Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde Vol 1 (2004)
- Secret Notebook of Mr Hyde Vol 2 - Magazine memory (2009)
- Hunter Knot Revisited (2006)
- Multiply Your Merchandising (2000)
- Routines for Rascals (2009)
- Magically Speaking (2001)
- The World's Greatest Puzzles (2006)
He has also contributed stories and articles for magic journals - Australian Magic Monthly,Vanish, Geniis Magic Journal, Vibrations and a cover story for Magic Magazine on his colleague Raymond Crowe.
- ↑ McCullagh, Brian (2007). Deception Downunder: A Look at Magic in Australia. Melbourne, Australia: The Australian Society of Magicians pp. 54-55.
- ↑ Timothy Hyde
- Reilly, Jim - Magicana, (1995 Aug/Sep) pp.12-13
- ↑ McCormick, Gary (1979). Performance - A Guide to the Performing Arts in New Zealand , Queen Elizabeth 2 Arts Council of New Zealand & Department of Internal Affairs
- ↑ Busker HoF 11 – Timothy Hyde Stories | STORIES FROM THE PITCH
- ↑ Gechtman, Neal , The History of Sydney's Original Comedy Store, Dinadan 1997 ISBN 10:0646344234
- ↑ Magic Coach Newsletter Books Promotion Illusion Publicity Tricks
- Australian Magic Monthly - March 2000
- Geniis Magic Journal - Volume 5 Number 2 (February 1994)
- ↑ Magicana Magazine - August/September 1995
- ↑ http://magicstateofmind.com/2012/04/30/magician-to-magician-timothy-hyde/
- ↑ http://www.magictimes.com/archives/2002/pr2002-08-06a.htm
- ↑ http://directory.espeakers.com/nsau/viewspeaker15091
- ↑ Timothy Hyde
- ↑ Timothy Hyde Corporate Creative Thinking Expert
- ↑ http://www.successfulspeakers.com.au/public_panel/long_description.php?id=340
- ↑ http://www.linkedin.com/in/timothyhyde
- ↑ http://www.globalspeakers.net/speaker/timothy_hyde/1251
- ↑ Magic Coach Marketing Show Business Resource Archive
- ↑ http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19851227&id=3a1WAAAAIBAJ&sjid=e-gDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4761,5122252
- ↑ AusStage
- Magic Coach Newsletter Books Promotion Illusion Publicity Tricks
- ↑ ASIN B0050E2RJS
- ↑ McCullagh, Brian (2001). Under theSouthern Cross, Magic HeritagePublication pp.48
- ↑ MAGIC Magazine May 2008 Vol 17, Number 9
- ↑ Calwell, Sue; Johnson, Daniel (1997). There's more to life than sex and money . Melbourne,Australia: Penguin Books, Ringwood ISBN 0140263594