From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Revision as of 23:41, 8 December 2009 by Jpecore (compress the format like wikipedia)
The century of the 1600s.
Selected Magic Events By Year
(Click on date to see all magic events in that year)
- 1600-Unexact dates - In Early 1600s, many copies of Scot's The Discoverie of Witchcraft are burned
- 1606 - St Nicholas Owen dies on March 2
- 1612 - The Art of Jugling or Legerdemaine is published
- 1615 - John Baptista Porta dies
- 1616 - Chapeaugraphy is first performed
- 1624 - Mathematical Recreations first published
- 1630 - Dainty Conceits by Thomas Johnson published in London
- 1631 - One of the earliest documentations of the bullet catch appeared in the book Threats of God's Judgments by Reverend Thomas Beard
- 1633 - Tabarin dies
- 1634 - Hocus Pocus Junior:The Anatomie of Legerdemain was first published