From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Revision as of 09:45, 29 January 2010 by Philippe billot
Magic related events from the year 1960.
|See all Articles that link here|
- Please add events below if an article you write falls in this year.
- Jay Marshall appears on the cover of Genii, Jan
- The Mutus Nomen Dedit Cocis card plot is published in Hugard's Magic Monthly, Jan
- Gus Fowler, an English magician known as "The Watch King" and "The Chronometrical Illusionist", dies, Jan 4
- Dr. Stanley Jaks dies, Jan 5
- Tom Frame, a psychotherapist and magic enthusiast, is born, Jan 19
- Lance Burton, an American Stage Magician, is born, Mar 10
- Mahka Tendo, an FISM winning card manipulator, is born, Mar 18
- Richiardi Jr appears on the Ed Sullivan Show, Mar 27
- Milton Aces is published by Geoffrey Scalbert in Abracadabra, May 7
- Don Alan performs his Chop Cup routine on the "Ed Sullivan Show", May 22
- Charles Waller, an amateur magician, dies, May 30
- The Great LaFollette, a performer of both a successful Chinese and traditional magic act, dies on November 8
- Henry Clive, a magician, painter and magazine illustrator, dies, Dec 12
- Comedy A La Card, written by Karrell Fox, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Seconds, Centers and Bottoms, by Ed Marlo, is published as the 8th in the RCT series of booklets
- The Magic of Slydini, by Lewis Ganson, is published by the Supreme Magic Co.
- The 13 Steps to Mentalism, booklets 12-13, written by Tony Corinda, are published
- A Lifetime in Magic, written as an autobiography by Percy Abbott, is published
- Dai Vernon's More Inner Secrets of Card Magic, by Lewis Ganson, is republished as part of the Inner Card Trilogy
- Tony Andruzzi designs Gloria Jacobson's "Vampira" act
- The Magic Land of Allakazam begins airing on national television with host Mark Wilson
- MacDonald's Aces routine is first published
- Channing Pollock appears as an actor in Moschettieri del mare
- Paper Folding Fun, by Robert Harbin is published by Oldbourne
- Dick Cavett briefly revives his magic act
- Steranko on Cards, by Jim Steranko, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Neil Foster revives the The Tops magazine as the editor of The New Tops.
- The Sponge Book, by Frances Ireland Marshall, is published
- The Shari Lewis Show begins on network television with host Shari Lewis
- Herbert Milton, magician and creator, dies
- Peter Pit moves to the United States
- Don Tanner begins serving as Editor of the New Phoenix for No. 351-396
- Howard Brooks appears in the Jerry Lewis movie "The Bellboy"
- Egyptian Hall is described in Genii
- Ingvar Larsson serves for one year as editor of the Swedish periodical,Trollkarlen
- Glorpy, the effect of a dancing handkerchief, is created circa 1960
- Mental Exploits, by Robert Nelson, is published
- The Trick That Cannot Be Explained, created by Dai Vernon, is published
- The Push-off Count is first explained
- Tricks You Can Count On, written by Larry West, is published
- The Province of Ontario issues a Charter incorporating the Windsor Magic Circle as a Corporation
- The Magical Bookie, a periodical that ran for 14 years, begins publication
- The 38th and last edition of the The Midget Magician, an undersized periodical, is published
- Vito Lupo, an FISM winner, is born
- Matrix, a card an coin trick, is developed by Al Schneider
- E.S.P. Handbook and Workshop Kit is compiled and published by Ireland Magic Co.
- D. Robbins retires from D. Robbins & Co., Inc. and Paul Fried purchases
- Spotlight on Comedy, by Robert Orben, is published
- Jim Barber, both a ventriloquist and magician, is born
- Midnight Magic Monthly, a magic periodical, ends publication
- Russ Barnhart moves to America and makes NY his home, circa 1960
- Jack Kodell, a professional magician since the age of thirteen, retires
- Larry Spencer is awarded the British Ring Shield
- Arthur Setterington is awarder the Zina Bennett Cup for Close-up performers
- Magic Net, formerly the Magic Net English Monthly, is started
- Cub Scout Magic, is written and illustrated by Frank Rigney
- Bob Miller, a magic inventor, is born
- President - William J. McCarthy
- President - Harris Solomon
- Magic Circle:
- Jay Marshall Cover - Volume 24, No. 5. Jan.
- Glenn Gravatt Cover - Genii 1960 February
- Blackstone Cover - Genii 1960 March
- Levante Cover - Genii 1960 April
- Fred Kaps Cover - Genii 1960 May
- Charles Conrad Cover - Genii 1960 June
- Harlan Tarbell Cover - Volume 24, No. 11. July
- Ron Urban Cover - Genii 1960 August
- Silver Anniversary Issue Cover - Genii 1960 September
- Mark Wilson Cover - Genii 1960 October
- George Weisensel Cover - Genii 1960 November
- 25th Year Cover - Genii 1960 December