From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Magic related events from the year 2010.
Please add any notable events below if an article falls within this year.
50 years ago
In 1960 a few selected events were:
- Gus Fowler, an English magician known as "The Watch King" and "The Chronometrical Illusionist", dies.
- Dr. Stanley Jaks dies.
- Richiardi Jr and Dan Alan appear on the Ed Sullivan Show.
- Percy Abbott, co-founder of the Blackstone Magic Company, dies
- The Great LaFollette dies.
- Comedy A La Card, written by Karrell Fox, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Seconds, Centers and Bottoms, by Ed Marlo, is published as the 8th in the RCT series of booklets
- The Magic of Slydini, by Lewis Ganson, is published by the Supreme Magic Co.
- The 13 Steps to Mentalism, booklets 12-13, written by Tony Corinda, are published
- A Lifetime in Magic, written as an autobiography by Percy Abbott, is published
- The Magic Land of Allakazam begins airing on national television with host Mark Wilson
- MacDonald's Aces routine is first published
- Steranko on Cards, by Jim Steranko, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Neil Foster revives the The Tops magazine as the editor of The New Tops.
- Peter Pit moves to the United States
- Don Tanner begins serving as Editor of the New Phoenix for No. 351-396
- Tricks You Can Count On, written by Larry West, is published
- The Magical Bookie, a periodical that ran for 14 years, begins publication
- The last edition of the The Midget Magician, an undersized periodical, is published
- Matrix, a card an coin trick, is developed by Al Schneider
- Midnight Magic Monthly, a magic periodical, ends publication
- Magic Net, formerly the Magic Net English Monthly, is started
- Cub Scout Magic, is written and illustrated by Frank Rigney
100 years ago