From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Magic related events from the year 2010.
Please add any notable events below if an article falls within this year.
- First annual Magic-Con, organized by Dan and Dave Buck with Syd Segal, will take place March 18-21 2010 in San Diego, California.
- IBM Irish Ring 85 Diamond Jubilee Convention, Belfast : April 30 - May 02 2010
- SAM Convention June 30 to July 3 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- IBM Convention July 6 - 10 in San Diego, California.
50 years ago
In 1960 a few selected events were:
- Gus Fowler, an English magician known as "The Watch King" and "The Chronometrical Illusionist", dies.
- Dr. Stanley Jaks dies.
- Richiardi Jr and Don Alan appear on the Ed Sullivan Show.
- Percy Abbott, co-founder of the Blackstone Magic Company, dies
- The Great LaFollette dies.
- Comedy A La Card, written by Karrell Fox, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Seconds, Centers and Bottoms, by Ed Marlo, is published as the 8th in the RCT series of booklets
- The Magic of Slydini, by Lewis Ganson, is published by the Supreme Magic Co.
- The 13 Steps to Mentalism, booklets 12-13, written by Tony Corinda, are published
- A Lifetime in Magic, written as an autobiography by Percy Abbott, is published
- The Magic Land of Allakazam begins airing on national television with host Mark Wilson
- MacDonald's Aces routine is first published
- Steranko on Cards, by Jim Steranko, is published by L.L. Ireland Magic Co.
- Neil Foster revives the The Tops magazine as the editor of The New Tops.
- Peter Pit moves to the United States
- Don Tanner begins serving as Editor of the New Phoenix for No. 351-396
- Tricks You Can Count On, written by Larry West, is published
- The Magical Bookie, a periodical that ran for 14 years, begins publication
- The last edition of the The Midget Magician, an undersized periodical, is published
- Matrix, a card an coin trick, is developed by Al Schneider
- Midnight Magic Monthly, a magic periodical, ends publication
- Magic Net, formerly the Magic Net English Monthly, is started
- Cub Scout Magic, is written and illustrated by Frank Rigney
100 years ago
In 1910 a few selected events were:
- Magic : The Magazine of Wonder, a short lived periodical, begins publication.
- J. B. Bobo, author of 4 magic books, is born.
- The Boy Magician, a periodical, ends publication and becomes the American Magician.
- Imro Fox, a highly-skilled sleight of hand artist, dies.
- Frances Ireland Marshall is born.
- Henry Hay, author of many classic books on magic for beginners, is born June Barrows Mussey.
- The American Magician periodical begins publication
- Beatrice Foster marries Howard Thurston.
- The Wizard (Selbit), a magic periodical, ends publication.
- Winston Freer is born.
- The Magic Wand, a periodical which ran for 47 years, begins publication.
- The Magical World, a magic periodical published by Max Sterling in the UK, begins publication.
- Theodore DeLand markets the Two Card Monte and Million Dollar Mystery
- Kartenkünste, by Ottokar Fischer, is published
- Clement De Lion tours the United States in vaudeville
- Clementine De Vere starts performing as "Ionia, the Goddess of Mystery" and "The Enchanctress"
- Nicola makes his first trip around the world
- Maurice F. Raymond, after playing in the vaudeville circuits, makes a tour of Australia
- The Menetekel Deck, is first credited to Burling Hull
- Remember and Forget, a card routine, is first published
- Carl Rosini tours South America
- Edwin Sachs, a sports writer and amateur magician, dies
- Magical Titbits, by Professor Hoffmann, is published
- The Art of Modern Conjuring and Drawing Room Entertainment, is published in America