|Born||March 2, 1883|
|Died||March 19, 1983 (age 100) |
Gate Mudaliyar A.C.G.S. Amarasekara was an amateur magician (The Gay Deceiver) and professional portrait painter and art teacher.
His two and a half hours act consisted of conjuring, ventriloquism, lightning sketches and shadowgraphy. His first public appearance was at the Ceylon Public Hall in 1916.
He was a contributor to periodicals.
Amarasekara started the "Ceylon Association of Magicians" later known as the Sri Lanka Magic Circle I.B.M. Ring 139 in 1886 and remained its Founder President to the day of his death.
He entertained the troops in Europe during World War II and was decorated with the OBE by H.M. King George VI in 1940.
- "Esbendun" (Conjuring in Singhalese)
- "Gay Deception" (English).
- 1946 British Ring trophy.
- ↑ Linking Ring Parade, October 1974
- ↑ Tricks That Mystify by Will Goldston (1934)
- ↑ Linking Ring August 1983