|Born||Edward Charles Doe|
March 4, 1917
Upper Clapton, East London, UK
|Died||June 12, 1972 (age 55) |
|Resting place||Ashes scattered by Billy McComb in places Koran loved|
|Categories||Books by Al Koran|
Al Koran (1917-1972) was a British mentalist (born Edward Doe), who was also an author and the magic inventor of the effect known as Ring Flite (1968). He also invented a special deck of cards known as the Koran deck.
BiographyIn 1945, he became the youngest member ever to be awarded London Society of Magicians Gold Medal. It was after this that he selected the stage name "Al Koran" and make magic a full time job.
In January, 1969, he emigrated to the United States. First to Cleveland, Ohio and then later settling in Chicago.
- Mastered Amazement: Mainly for the Manipulator (1947)
- Bring Out the Magic in Your Mind (1964) ("ghosted")
- Al Koran's Professional Presentations (1967) by Hugh Miller
- The Magic of the Mind in Action (1976)
- The Jonah Card (1948) (sold by Abbott's) - Three cards are chosen. Magician states that he will reverse the three chosen cards while the deck is behind his hack. This is done, then the deck is spread out – but each spectator states that his card is not one of the reversed cards showing. Magician requests that the three chosen cards be named – and strangely enough – each spectator names the same card. Magician says that there must be some mistake as the card named is his JONAH CARD and that he always removes that card from the deck. To prove his words, he reaches into his inside coat pocket and removes the card chosen by all three spectators.
- Medallion - A metal medallion is displayed in a jewelry box. The mentalist has a number chosen and then shown that
this same number was inscribed on the back of the medallion.
- ↑ The New Tops, Vol. 12, No. 8 & 9, August & September 1972
| This page incorporated content from Al Koran,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Genii, Vol. 36, No. 6, June 1972, OBITUARY, Koran, page 286
- The New Tops, Vol. 12, No. 8 & 9, August & September 1972, AL KORAN LOSES THE LAST TRICK, page 28
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 73, No. 793, January/February 1979, Show and Lecture Reports, A Tribute to Al Koran—Comrie Mackay, A.I.M.C., page 11
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 79, No. 9, September 1999, OUR SIDE OF THE POND by Elizabeth Warlock, page 135