Australian Society of Magicians
On January, 15 1909, the ASM started the publication of their official organ, The Magic Mirror, an eight page printed magazine. It was the first magic magazine in the Southern hemisphere.
In 1920 the Melbourne, Victoria, branch of the ASM was formed at the proposal by The Great Levante (Les Levante) who happened to be in Melbourne at the time. It became known as Assembly No.1 and the ASM Adelaide as Assembly No. 2.
On October, 18 1952, the ASM No. 1 Melbourne held the first Convention in Australia. It was a one day affair and the forerunner of many more held since then.
The monthly newsletter of the ASM No. 1 Melbourne, called MAGIC MAKERS, started in 1946.