Banachek (born 30 November 1960 as Steven Shaw) is a mentalist, inventor and author of mentalism books.
November 20, 1960
Middlesex, England, UK
|Known for||Mentalist, magician, writer, skeptic|
Born in England and raised in South Africa and Australia, Banachek began performing before his arrival in the United States in 1976.
During the early-1980s Project Alpha hoax, Banachek was one of the "psychics" that fooled scientists at Washington University into believing that their supposed psychic abilities were genuine. Also, with James Randi, he took part in an investigation of alleged faith healer Peter Popoff's activities, which ultimately exposed Popoff's false claims.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dave Lederman Memorial Award (for Creativity in Mentalism), 1997.
- APCA (Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities) Entertainer of the Year 1998, 1999.
- APCA College Campus Novelty Act of the Year, 2000.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dan Blackwood Memorial Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Art of Mentalism), 2006.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Memorial Award (for Distinguished Professionalism in the Performance of Mentalism), 2007.
- His book Psychological Subtleties 2 won the first place in The Magic Woods Awards for Best Book in 2007.
- Awarded Honorary Lifetime Membership at PSYCRETS (British Society of Mystery Entertainers) Tabula Mentis VII in April 2010.
Books and Videos
- Pre Thoughts (1990)
- Psychokinetic Time (1992)
- Psychokinetic Touches (1994)
- Psychological Subtleties (1998)
- Dunninger's Brain Busters Atmore, Joseph H&R Magic Books 2001
- Psychophysiological Thought Reading (2002)
- Banachek's Psi Series L&L Publishing Banachek (Featured Performer) Motion picture United States 2004
- Psychological Subtleties 2 (2006)
- Psychological Subtleties 3 (2009)
- ↑ http://www.banachek.org/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Awards
- ↑ Steve Banachek- Mentalist of the Millennium-performed Friday Brinck, Chad Clarkson University Clarkson Integrator October 8, 2001 link July 31, 2009
- ↑ http://www.psycrets.org.uk/html/honorary_members.html
| This page incorporated content from Banachek,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License