November 30, 1960
Middlesex, England, UK
|Categories||Books by Banachek|
Banachek(born 30 November 1960 as Steven Shaw) is a mentalist, author and inventor. He has been the Director of the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge.
Born in England and raised in South Africa and Australia, Banachek began performing before his arrival in the United States in 1976.
During the early-1980s Project Alpha hoax, Banachek was one of the "psychics" that fooled scientists at Washington University into believing that their supposed psychic abilities were genuine. Also, with James Randi, he took part in an investigation of alleged faith healer Peter Popoff's activities, which ultimately exposed Popoff's false claims.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dave Lederman Memorial Award (for Creativity in Mentalism), 1997.
- APCA (Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities) Entertainer of the Year 1998, 1999.
- APCA College Campus Novelty Act of the Year, 2000.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dan Blackwood Memorial Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Art of Mentalism), 2006.
- Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Memorial Award (for Distinguished Professionalism in the Performance of Mentalism), 2007.
- Awarded Honorary Lifetime Membership at PSYCRETS (British Society of Mystery Entertainers) Tabula Mentis VII in April 2010.
- Pre Thoughts (1990)
- Psychokinetic Time (1992)
- Psychokinetic Touches (1994)
- Psychological Subtleties (1998)
- Psychophysiological Thought Reading (2002)
- Psychological Subtleties 2 (2006)
- Psychological Subtleties 3 (2009)
- ↑ http://archive.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/1388-randi-challenges-top-qpsychicsq-after-nightline-episode.html
- ↑ http://www.p-e-a.org/awards.html
| This page incorporated content from Banachek,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License