|Born||William Irving Severn|
May 11, 1913
Brooklyn, New York
|Died||May 8, 1992 (age 78) |
Bill Severn was a journalist and professional club act magician specializing in cigarettes and silks. 
Severn worked for Associated Press as a radio news editor starting in 1941 and was long-time magic columnist for Boys' Life magazine.
Severn wrote more than 50 books for children and 25 on magic.
- Magic from Your Pocket (1965)
- Magic Across The Table (1972)
- Bill Severn's Big Book of Magic (1973)
- Magic in Mind: Mental Magic Tricks (1974)
- Bill Severn's Magic Workshop (1976)
- Bill Severn's Guide to Magic as a Hobby (1979)
- More Magic In Your Pockets (1980)
- Bill Severn's Impromptu Magic (1982)
- Bill Severn's Amazing Magic (1992)