Bob Longe (1928-2004), a retired English teacher and ardent magic hobbyist from Michigan, authored numerous magic books for beginners. He also played piano, tenor banjo, and ukulele.
|Born||Robert C. Longe|
|Died||March 17, 2004 |
|Categories||Books by Bob Longe|
Inspired by the big stage shows of the great illusionists Blackstone and Dante, he took up magic in the 1930s. In his teens he got to know some of Detroit's magicians including Harold Sterling, Milt Kort, Karrell Fox, Bob Lund, and Bob Stencil.
Early on, he wrote two booklets on card tricks: The Invisible Deck (published by the Ireland Magic) and The Visible Deck (self-published), before taking up writing again in the 1990s.
Longe died while attending a meeting of Florida’s Pensacola IBM Ring 287. Just as he finished his last effect of some of his favorite routines, he collapsed to the floor of an apparent heart attack. He was rushed to a hospital where he died later that night.
- The Invisible Deck and Other Card Tricks (1948)
- The Visible Deck (1949)
- 101 Amazing Card Tricks (1993)
- World's Best Card Tricks (1991)
- World's Best Coin Tricks (1993)
- World's Greatest Card Tricks (1996)
- Easy Magic Tricks (1996)
- Great Card Tricks (1996)
- Mind Reading Magic Tricks (1996)
- Card Tricks Galore (1999)
- Easy Card Tricks (2004)
- Nutty Challenges & Zany Dares (2008)