Cover of Genii (2004)
|Born||September 12, 1940|
|Died||November 20, 2005 (age 65) |
Bob Read (September 12, 1940 - November 20, 2005) was a successful UK magician.
Read turned to full-time magic late on in his life, after a very successful career in the wool industry. He was an avid collector of items related to the Cups and Balls, including drawings, prints, paintings and cartoons relating to this trick.
Read died of a heart attack in California, a few days after he had talked at the 9th Los Angeles Conference on Magic History.
Books & Lecture Notes
- Thanks to Pepys (1973)
- The Penultimate Cups & Balls (1975)
- Bob Read's Transpo Tumbler (1978)
- $100 Glass Thro' Table (1980)
- The Cups & Balls in 19th Century Graphic Art (1984)
- Bob Read’s Magical London (2005)
- The Happy Head of State. Magic Magazine Vol 2, No 10 (June 1993), p 50.
- The French Connection. Magic Magazine Vol 6 No 11 (July 1997) p 56-61.
- The Long-Handled Spoon. Genii 1999 March, Vol 62, No 3, p 17-18.
- Fawkes in Cincinnati. Genii 2004 April, Vol 67, No 4, p 68-71.
- Bob Read (featured artist). Genii 2004 April, Vol 67, No 4, p 40-83.
Video & DVD
- Impromptu Miracles, V1-2 VHS (Videonics), (1981)
- The Bob Read Collection (International Magic), 2007
Articles about Bob Read
- Jon Racherbaumer. Bob Read 1940-2005 in Genii 2006 January, Vol 69, No 1, p 10-11.
- Teller. Bob Read and the Cups and Balls in Genii 2006 January, Vol 69, No 1, p 14-15.
- Cover genii 2004 April