|Born||Brian Ross Flora|
June 14, 1950
|Died||August 24, 2002 (age 52) |
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Brian Flora ("Professor Flora") was a well-known magician in Albuquerque, performing in restaurants, schools, and private parties. His business, Flora and Company, was supplier of marketing materials for magicians, mentalists and family entertainers.
For several years, Flora conducted an annual Magic Marketing Conference
In his later years, he turned his interest in sideshows and carnivals into a new business, manufacturing handcranked pipe organs.
Flora wrote frequently for Genii and other magazines on such columns as "Magic on Tape", "New Magic Media", and "Magic on TV and Film".
- Selling Your Act by Brian R. Flora (1984)
- Selling and Playing the Outdoor Show by Docc Hilford (written by Brian R. Flora)
- Magic Marketing Update by Docc Hilford (written by Brian R. Flora) (1987)
- The Master Marketing Manual by Brian R. Flora (1990)
- ↑ Magic Circular, Vol. 96, No. 1035, October 2002, BRIAN FLORA DIES OF A HEART ATTACK, reported by Richard Webster, page 315
- http://www.magictimes.com/archives/2002/2002-08_26-01.htm, Obituary
- M-U-M, Vol. 92, No. 5, October 2002, BROKEN WANDS, Brian Flora, page 53
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 82, No. 11, November 2002, BROKEN WAND, BRIAN ROSS FLORA, page 133