Difference between revisions of "Carl Willmann"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 07:12, 3 May 2014
|Born||May 4, 1849|
|Died||February 16, 1934 (age 84) |
Carl Willmann (also spelled Karl) (1849-1934) was a very well known German manufacturer of magical apparatus and writer in Hamburg. He established his mechanical workshop for making magical apparatus, automatons, and illusions in 1872.
He retired from the business in 1914, turning it over to his son John. It was eventually taken over by Janos Bartl (with John as a partner).
The families long connection with magic continued with Walter Willman (in Chicago).
- Moderne Wunder (1886)
- Moderne Salon-Magie (1891)
- Der Gedächtniskünstler als Hellseher (1891)
- Illustrierte magische Bibliothek (6 vols) (1900)
- Telepathische Unterrichtsbriefe (c.l920)
- Das Programm eines modernen Zauberkünstlers (c.1920)