Carlyle False Turnover
The Carlyle False Turnover (also been referred to as "Vernon/Carlyle All Backs Move" and the "Carlyle Paddle Move") is a card sleight in which a card is apparently turned over, but in reality the same side is shown twice (i.e the Paddle Move with cards).
- Using a business card, this move appeared in "The Mystic Star" by Douglas Dexter in Will Goldston's Great Magicians' Tricks (1931).
- The move done with a pocket mirror, with no author given, was in "The Card In The Mirror" in Ireland's Yearbook 1942.
- Vernon used the move in his "All Backs" routine in Hugard's Magic Monthly June 1949.
- "Turnover Turnover technique" in Card Dupery By J.K. Hartman (2007)
- Bruce Elliott's Classic Secrets of Magic (1953) (page 36).
- Focus by Phil Goldstein (page 32) (1990)
- Card College, Vol. 5 by Roberto Giobbi (page 1305) (2003).
- Subtle Card Creations, Vol. 1 by Nick Trost (2008).