Named for owner Plimpton Chase, it was sold the following year to B.F. Keith and renamed.
The theater closed briefly in 1928 and reopened three weeks later with motion pictures on the bill with vaudeville. Keith's remained a movie theater for the next four decades.
It was remodeled in 1954 and renovated again in 1976 when Don King took over its operation. The theater finally closed in 1978.
Despite its current designation as a national landmark, the building was torn down and only its facade remains.
Chase's Theater and Riggs Building (also known as Keith's Theater and Albee Building) was located at 1426 G St. NW. and 615--627 15th St. NW., Washington
Prior to this location Chase's Theatre was located at 1424 Pennsylvania Ave NW right across from the Willard Hotel (The Keith's lobby today is The Old Ebbitt Grill). Acts were reported in Sphinx as early as 1903 including a packing crate escape challenge that Houdini accepted from the packing department of S. Kann, Sons & Co. in 1906.
- Zancigs 
- Leipzig had a successful season's work, which closed at Chase's Theatre, Washington, D. C, where he had the honor of appearing before the President's family. 
- Leon Herrmann started working vaudeville, opening at Chase's in August 1904
- ↑ The Washington Post Sep 20, 1906
- ↑ Washington Post, April 30, 1905
- ↑ Mahatma, Vol. 7, no. 12, June 1904, page 136
- ↑ Sphinx, June 1904