Chevalier Giuseppe Pinetti
|Chevalier Giuseppe Pinetti|
Pinetti was considered to be one of the major figures of eighteenth century magic. In his "cabinet of curiosities" theater show, he presented and mixed scientific experiments and magic tricks.
Pinetti is said to be the first recorded performer to do the Blooming Mechanical Orange Bush and the Thumb Tie escape.
Some other items from his book, "Amusements Physiques", that may have been first been put down in print are:
He also performed a two person mentalism act (with his wife), exhibited automata and the orange tree illusion.
He is mentioned in the memoirs of Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin.
- Physical Amusements and Diverting Experiments (1784)
- Amusemens physiques et différentes expériences divertissantes (1784); French edition
- The Conjurer Unmasked (1785) by Thomas Denton: English translation of Decremps' Pinetti exposé
- La magic blanche dévoilée (1784) and Supplement à la Magie blanche dévoilée (1789) by Henri Decremps: French exposé of Pinetti
- http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Pinetti (French)