July 26, 1944
|Died||November 26, 2008 (age 64) |
Fechner gathered one of the world's largest collection of Robert-Houdin memorabilia for his own mini-museum. He had convinced the family to grant him access to the Robert-Houdin's manuscripts and papers, which he used in his biography of the master magician.
Fechner was the creator of the Bar Stool Levitation.
Awards and honors
- 1st prize FISM grand illusion and invention (1979)
- Cover Genii 2002 November
- Soirées Fantastiques (1988) (French and English)
- Bibliographie de la prestidigitation française (1994)
- La Magie de Robert-Houdin: Une vie d'artiste, Vol. 1 & 2 (2002)
- La Magie de Robert-Houdin: Une vie d'artiste, Vol. 3 (2005)
- The Magic of Robert-Houdin, translated to English by Stacey Dagron, edited by Todd Karr (2003).