Classic Secrets of Magic
|Classic Secrets of Magic|
|Publisher||Harper & Brothers|
Classic Secrets of Magic is a compendium of some of the greatest effects in magic at the time, released by a mainstream publisher.
It contains card revelations; the rice bowls; a wine glass production; paddle move work, including Dr. Sachs' Dice Routine; versions of the Four Ace trick; the Miser's Dream; Egg Bag; Chink-a-Chink; effects with razor blades, matches and billiard balls. It also includes Elliott's version of the Ambitious Card, Charlie Miller's cups and balls and Roy Benson's bowl routine.
Some magicians were not happy at time for his "exposure". The book even had a "read and return guarantee" promotion. However, the promotion was not national. It was done through the mail, with the mailing list given to Harper's by Elliott.
Reviewed in Genii 1953 February.
- ix Preface: Introduction to the book by Bruce Elliot, September 1952
- 1 Chapter 1: The Spectator's Card is Produced!
- 13 Chapter 2: Corncobs: Multiplying smoking pipes
- 19 Chapter 3: Water Water Everywhere, The Rice Bowls and One Other
- 32 Chapter 4: The Very Peripatetic Paddle
- 47 Chapter 5: Those Four Aces:
- 70 Chapter 6: Miser's Dream Come True
- 82 Chapter 7: The Egg Bag, Well Done
- 93 Chapter 8: The Two Covers and the Four Objects: Chink A Chink type effects
- 109 Chapter 9: Billiards, Magic Style
- 136 Chapter 10: Razor Sharp: Linking razor blades from the mouth
- 144 Chapter 11: The Ambitious Card
- 159 Chapter 12: The Eternal Cups & Balls:
- 199 In Conclusion
- 203 Appendix
|Category:Books by author||Category:Books by publisher||Category:Books by year|
|Early Magic Books||Bibliographies||Magic themed novels|