Conference on Magic History
From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Revision as of 12:58, 3 November 2008 by Jpecore
Los Angeles Conference on Magic History is a biennial invitation-only conference organized and hosted by Ricky Jay, Mike Caveney, John Gaughan and Jim Steinmeyer. The purpose of the conference is to showcase historical magic.
- 1989 DeKolta's Expanding Die, Automata, Thayer magic
- 1991 Rene Lavand, The Charles Carter Show
- 1993 Hooker Card Rise, Sawing a Woman in Halves.
- 1995 Tribute to Robert Lund, The Blue Room.
- 1997 Will, the Witch and the Watch, the Chess Automaton.
- 1999 The Mascot Moth, the Automaton Clarinet Player.
- 2001 Guy Jarrett’s creations, The Million Dollar Mystery, The Great Fasola
- 2003 Tanagra, Lesley Hazlitt (Piddington), Devant’s Chocolate Soldier from St. George's Hall and Morritt’s famous Oh! illusion from Egyptian Hall.
- 2005 The Wrestling Cheese, Professor Thomas Tobin’s Palingenesia, Del Adelphia, and Kellar’s Psycho.
- 2007 Hooker Rising Cards