|Line 53:||Line 53:|
== Books ==
== Books ==
*[[Illusion Show - A Life in Magic
*[[Illusion Show - A Life in Magic]] (1988) (The autobiography of David Bamberg)
*Illusion Builder To Fu Manchu by Edmund Spreer & Robert E. Olson (1986)
*Illusion Builder To Fu Manchu by Edmund Spreer& Robert E. Olson(1986)
Revision as of 13:00, 9 June 2011
|Died||August 19, 1974 |
In May 1916, he automatically made me an American when his father become one.
Later, like his father, he performed in Oriental costume under the name Fu Manchu (and as Fu Chan in the U.S because of copyright infringement). He debuted as "Fu Manchu" in Buenos Aires on March 1, 1929.
He was very successful in South America and became one of the best known illusionist there.
Bamberg wrote the chapter "Stage Presentation" in Hilliard's Greater Magic.
In collaboration with Edmund Spreer, he invented:
- Isis Illusion (variation of Chung Ling Soo's Mahatma Illusion)
- The Chinese Strangulation Rack, Variation on the Book of Life Illusion
- The "Little Stinkhouse"
- Fu Manchu Cremation
- Modified Triangle Illusion
- Fu Manchu Spirit Cabinet
- Canvas Covered Trunk Substitution
- The Monkey Cage (Gorilla Vanish)
- The Robot
- The Pit and the Pendulum
- The Fan Illusion
- The Chinese Bazaar
- The Geisha Illusion
- Fu Manchu Duck Vanish
- The Lantern Illusion (Atomic Woman).
- Illusion Show - A Life in Magic (1988) (The autobiography of David Bamberg)
- Illusion Builder To Fu Manchu by Edmund Spreer & Robert E. Olson (1986)
- Films of Fu Manchu by ENRIQUE JIMENEZ MARTINEZ, Linking Ring, September, 1977