|Born||Benjamin R. Badley|
December 26, 1895
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Died||September 29, 1950 (age 54) |
St. Louis, Missouri
Devo, Ben Badley, the Magician from Dixieland traveled for some years in the South specializing in mesmerism and muscle-reading.
He began performing professionally in 1911 and was a photo engraver by profession. At age 18, he joined a touring hypnotist, moving to St. Louis in 1916.
In 1927, Badley became one of the first person to present hypnotism over radio. 
A charter member and an active leader in both IBM Ring One and SAM Assemby 8, he was responsible for re-chartering and re-activating the latter.
He was awarded the St. Louis Magical Heritage Award in 1995.
- ↑ History of Conjuring and Magic by Henry Ridgely Evans (1928)
- ↑ Who's Who in Magic, Sphinx, March 1931
- ↑ Tops, July 1943, page 23
- ↑ Cover, Linking Ring, January 1940
- ↑ Obit, Linking Ring, November, 1950